History
Our Beginnings
On September 1, 1957 a group of believers gathered in the chapel of Pillsbury Baptist Bible College to form the Grace Baptist Church. Attending were forty-eight charter members and forty-four associate charter members from the student body of the college to begin this new work.


 
Early Years
Professer Ervin Butler served as the first pastor until a full-time pastor was called to shepherd the church. The members met regularly in the chapel of Pillsbury Baptist Bible College for five and a half years. In February of 1963 the building owned by the Methodist Church at the corner of Main Street and Elm was purchased. The church operated in this facility until May 5, 1974 when the congregation moved into its new auditorium on 26th Street Northeast
 
 
Today
Thirteen pastors have served over the years, four of whom have gone to be with our Lord – Jim Hunt, B. Myron Cedarholm, Joseph MacMullen, and Ben Strohbehn. Several other associate pastors, assistant pastors, and interim pastors have also served. By God’s grace, Grace Baptist Church was organized to bring Him glory, to minister to believers and equip them in serving the Lord locally and around the world, and to provide a fundamental Baptist witness in Owatonna. This has been and will continue to be the motivation for our ministry.